India  |  Intellectual Property

i am a widow since 15 yrs, staying with my sister in law ( bro in law died 30 yrs back). my mom in law died in 2002. have 6 sister in laws ( nanand), My husband died without any WIL. Mom in law died with WILL, but 6 sister in laws not accepting it. all are married last one was married in 1988. plot belonged to my father in law with his 3 bros equal share I e 25% each brother . property card has only 2 names of me & my jethani as legal heirs of our husband, in our 25% share. My Q is now I am planning to remarry. What is my status in the property as of now? Do I hold any say in my husbands share property even after I remarry? can I still ask my share after I marry? Do I need to settle down about my share before I remarry. pl opine earliest. Thanx

Answered on: 5/11/13, 12:06 pm by shiv shakner saini

After remarry you will not have your share, what about your kids?

saini law Behind Dainik Bhasker,Old-Ginnani, Bikaner.09587744142,colorfullifes@yahoo.co.in Rajasthan High Court, 334001

Answered on: 5/12/13, 3:39 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

12.05.2013

Dear Madam,

Settlement of your share in your deceased husband's property prior to you remarrying is recommended, to avoid any complications.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 5/22/13, 7:16 am by Jayesh Desai

On the date of demise of your Mother-in-law, your inheritance crystallized, and vested in you. Your remarriage can have no legal effect, to the said inheritance, as it has already vested in you absolutely.

You will be entitled to the same even after your remarriage.

Jayesh Desai 609 Dalamal Towers Free Press Journal Marg Nariman point Mumbai, 400021