Legal Question in Employment Law in India

I have a service bond of 3 years of Rs 150000.But I left the company 6 months left in the bond.Shall I have to pay the money?

Asked on 9/18/13, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

A performance bond of any form or nature, being against the principles of natural justice, is illegal and a criminal offence. You will have to take a call and decide your line of action where there are three options :

a). Request the Company to grant you a waiver for the remaining 6 months bond period, if you have a gut feeling that the Company will accede to your request or;

b). Pay the Company Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only being Rs. 1,50,000/36 * 6) for the remaining 6 months bond period or;

c). Politely refuse to pay any money, seek proper advice and guidance from us, and logically represent your case to the Company.


Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 2:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now