Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Philippines

I rented a 2 bedroom condo unit for a year. The rooms were furnished with split type airconditioners. When we left the units, the aircon in one was functioning in the same condition as when we first slept in that room. Now they said....if we have felt that the aircon does not cool the room anymore...we should have reported it to them so the damage did not become worse. Also we drilled some holes in the bathroom but we covered it when we left but we were not able to paint it same as the existing color. In the living room...there was a scratch on the paint of almost a foot. What the owner did is to have the aircon fixed...the whole unit repainted and charging me 18,0000 plus as damaged. As if I paid for the renovation of his unit. what is my right? I have a deposit of 30k in their possesion still. Filip Somera

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE

Check the contract.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Philippines

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms