Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

I own a residential flat in Pune (Maharashtra) which I have given on rent.

We have signed Leave & license agreement (of 11 months) on Rs. 500 Non Judicial stamp paper and notorised it.

Is it required to be registered ?

If yes, what would be the consequences if not registered ?

What options do I have if the Licensee refuse to vacate the flat after expiry of this agreement (i.e. after 11 months) ?

If I will have to file the case / suit against Licensee,

a) what would be the chances of getting my flat back ?

b) tentative time period required for case judgement ?

c) approximate expenses (court fee, lawyer fees, etc.) will I have to bear ?

d) approximate expenses (court fee, lawyer fees, etc.) will the Licensee / defendant has to bear ?

Asked on 8/16/13, 2:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Stamp Duty of Rs. 1,200/- (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred Only) is payable on an Agreement for Leave and License (ALL) of 11 months duration in Maharashtra. Registration of a Will less than or equal to one year's duration is optional. A Licensee is deemed to be a trespasser in the flat after the expiry of the ALL tenure.


Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now