India  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/21/13, 1:27 am

I have bought a property in 2005, in Mira Road, dist Thane Mumbai Maharastra from a second buyer. He did not have the original agreement between builder and First buyer, however he made a deed of declaration and registered and paid stamp duty on the said property. I in turn, too have registered and paid stamp duty for the same.

The original share ceritificate is in the name of the first buyer, there is an NOC from society and the agreement between first and second buyer.

I wish to know, is the original agreement necessary? if there is no way to retrieve it (1994), what can I do? Both me and the previous owner have bank loans. But now since they ask for the chain of documents , what or how can I resolve the missing original agreement

This is incase I want to sell and ensure a smooth transaction.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search