Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My father had purchased a flat in Delhi, he use to say that it belongs to him and my mother. Recently he died as such my mothers name has not been mentioned in any paper and nor has he left any will. We are 2 sisters and 1 brother and we are not interested in that property. The society in which this flat is saying if we do not show papers proving that this house belongs to my mother they will aquire it. Plz suggest if there is no will I think this property will automatically be shifted to my mother. Kindly advise.

Asked on 8/08/13, 4:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear madam............

If there is no WILL then all the legal heirs of the decease have equall share in the property left by him.......society do not have any right to acquire the same.......for any query do contact me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/08/13, 4:19 am
Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Property will be governed by law of succession governing the deceased.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 12:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now