Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My father-in-law expired , and the property which was on his name should be transferred to his son's name ,bt he had three daughters , now what are the documents we require for registration and what was the process?

Asked on 10/22/13, 11:19 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Petition for succession needs to be filed.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 11:54 pm
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need the original will, NOC from his daughters in your favour for resolving it amicably or if there is a dispute the you should file a probate petition To know us better, please click on the links below:

You may drop in a detailed query at


Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 12:13 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

If your deceased father-in-law has left behind his Will, then the beneficiary named in his Will is entitled to get the title of the property transferred in his / her name vide a Probate from the Court. If your father in law has passed away intestate (without making a Will), then the title of the property vests in the name of your mother-in-law and the transfer of the title has to be completed in her name.


Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 12:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now