Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

I have the family of Grandfather, Grandmother & two sisters of my father which are married.

My father purchased 10 Acre land & 1 house by his own income from service.

After death of my father my grandfather also died. After that i.e. 15 years later my grandmother & father's sisters claims on these property & said she has share in this property. My grandmother also died in this time span. On the sale deed of 10 Acre land there are 2 witnesses. But these witnesses are in not my favor. I have document of my father's service & his pay slips from that I will show this is his own income.

Can my father's sister get share in my father's self acquired property ?

Asked on 7/13/13, 5:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Your grandmother inherited 10 acres of land from your grandfather. So she enjoys the right to make a Will to transfer her title to the 10 acres of land in the name of her daughters or to any anyone she pleases.


Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 6:32 am
Lovkesh Gupta court marriage and divorce lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

agree with Mr. Chavan

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 10:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now