Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

my father has 25 acres of land.we r 4 sons and 1 father had died and one of my brother took 10 acres of land on his name without our concern.Is it legally possible to reclaim that property of my brother.please help

Asked on 7/01/13, 8:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

If your father has not left behind a Will, his property vests in his wife. Each sibling will be entitled to a fifth share i.e 4 acres of land in their name, if and only if, their mother consents to the land partition. Your brother cannot take an adhoc 10 acres of land without your mother's consent. Yes, it is legally possible to reclaim the 10 acres of land that your brother has usurped.


Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 5:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now