Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

I have a friend in uk, and he says he has made a will on my name. How will the money be transfered to my account here in India? How will I come to know, after his death, that the place where the will is, whom to contact, and who will transfer in the absence of the deceased person. Do I have to pay tax here in India, and do I need to take RBI permission, as I don't yet know what the will is about, and how much.

Asked on 11/16/13, 4:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ask him to nominate your name for his bank accounts. if he has fixed assets then you may have to move to UK and engage a lawyer to help you out. You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 11/17/13, 10:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now