Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Philippines

I live in the United States and am a citizen.My brother(U.S.citzen) died as a resident in the Philippines.He left a will that was written in the Philippines. I am named as executor and am also a beneficiary. Must I file for Probate there or here in order to sell his condo and settle his estate in the Philippines? If it must be filed in the Philippines can I do it from here in the U.S.A.? I don't think I can be the executor in the Philippines, so what should I do to get going on settling his estate?

Asked on 5/05/13, 1:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

While you may not be an executor in the Philippines, you can authorize somebody to act on your behalf. Law firms routinely render services as administrators or executors in the Philippines. This being said, you can proceed to open your brother's estate in the Philippines.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/13, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Philippines

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now