Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Philippines

I live in the United States and am a citizen.My brother(U.S.citzen) died as a resident in the Philippines.He left a will that was written in the Philippines. I am named as executor and am also a beneficiary. Must I file for Probate there or here in order to sell his condo and settle his estate in the Philippines? If it must be filed in the Philippines can I do it from here in the U.S.A.? I don't think I can be the executor in the Philippines, so what should I do to get going on settling his estate?

Frederick de Borja DE BORJA LAMORENA AND DUANO LAW OFFICES

While you may not be an executor in the Philippines, you can authorize somebody to act on your behalf. Law firms routinely render services as administrators or executors in the Philippines. This being said, you can proceed to open your brother's estate in the Philippines.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Philippines