Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Hi, I am a serving soldier (Age-45 years)presently posted in Aurangabad, MH. I am settled in lucknow wherein I have my own house at Sainik Nagar Telibagh. In lucknow I also had purchased a piece of land of approx 3100 sq ft in the year 2007, which I was planning to sell. But unfortunately last month I misplaced/lost the original registry documents pertaining to that same land. Fortunately I have one duplicate photocopy of the same documents held with me. Can someone please guide me whether I can get a copy of original land documents again from the court ??? If yes what will be the procedure for the same and in what duration. I shall be extremely greatfull to you all for your kind suggestions and guidance.

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

18.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

YES. You can get a certified true copy from the Office of the Tehsildar / District Registrar within 30 days and not from the Court.

Regards,

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA