Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

Hi, I am a serving soldier (Age-45 years)presently posted in Aurangabad, MH. I am settled in lucknow wherein I have my own house at Sainik Nagar Telibagh. In lucknow I also had purchased a piece of land of approx 3100 sq ft in the year 2007, which I was planning to sell. But unfortunately last month I misplaced/lost the original registry documents pertaining to that same land. Fortunately I have one duplicate photocopy of the same documents held with me. Can someone please guide me whether I can get a copy of original land documents again from the court ??? If yes what will be the procedure for the same and in what duration. I shall be extremely greatfull to you all for your kind suggestions and guidance.

Asked on 9/18/13, 5:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

YES. You can get a certified true copy from the Office of the Tehsildar / District Registrar within 30 days and not from the Court.


Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now