Alabama  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/12/10, 4:05 pm

I was charged with public intoxication in Lee County in Alabama over the weekend. I'm 22 years old and a first time offender. What is the punishment for this charge? Should I hire an attorney to clear this off my record and how much should I expect to pay in legal expenses.

Also, I was planning on going out of the country in June to go to Europe. My court date is May 27th, will I still be able to do this since I may be on probation?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/17/10, 5:06 pm by Robert Kreitlein

Settle down, you'll be fine. Public intox is a violation, not even a misdemeanor. It's akin to a speeding ticket. You should just be able to pay a fine and go on your way.

This answer is based on the limited information given and is for general information purposes only. “Legal advice” is informed advice based on specific facts and knowledge of the complete situation. Therefore, this does not constitute “legal advice”, no attorney-client relationship is created and it should not be regarded as a substitute for direct consultation with an attorney based on the specific details of your situation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Robert Kreitlein, Attorney at Law PO Box 3018 Birmingham, AL 35202

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search