Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Would a lawyer be necessary in a child custody case if a parent moved out of state with child with no notice? Note it is stated in the custody papers that the other parent is to give a 45 day written notice through certified mail.

Asked on 1/09/12, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A lawyer may not be required, but it sure would help you thru the maze. You have to file a suit against her and then be able to meet a burden of showing that she did not have to move and that it is not in the best interest. Also, how much time has expired. Should you need assistance please contact me, I am in the Birmingham, Jefferson County area.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now