Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Arizona

Hello,

I filed bankruptcy in 08 discharged in 09. I included a title loan for around 2000 in the bankruptcy. I just found out a couple weeks ago that i still have a lean on that car through them. I assumed it was done from the bankruptcy several years ago. the title company says I have to pay them to get the lein released. I offered a settlement of 500 due to the fact that I did give them close to a grand before bankruptcy and the loan originated for only 1200. They refused and said we want 1200 and this waives all interest. I told them if they don't care about interest then why can't they apply previous money to the 1200. Naturally they would not consider, i asked to talk with the higher powers who decide this and i was refused. They have been difficult to work with and I am hoping their is another way to legally get this lein released. My BK was a Ch7 and after all these years i would like this settled. Thanks so much

Shayna

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

San Diego Bankruptcy Attorney Collections departments will go to no end to confuse you about your rights. Check local laws under the fair debt collection practices act and find a way to come back at them.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Arizona

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms