Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

my 20 year old was arrested for fighting with his girlfriend and threatening her with a loaded gun that he had in his car. this was on an air force installation. both my son and his girlfriend are civilians and were visiting friends that live there. what possible charges could he be facing? he has a felony arraignment set for next week. what is involved with that process? this happened in arizona.

Brian Di Pietro Brian DiPietro Law, PLLC

A felony arraignment is a criminal proceeding where the accused is advised of the charges against him. Usually a not guilty plea is entered at this time and the court sets a trial date and any pretrial court dates.

Threatening someone with a weapon is an aggravated assault, a class three felony in Arizona. If there is a relationship as defined by Arizona law the aggravated assault may be designated as a domestic violence offense.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona