Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

I was charged with Assault Touched to Injure back in 2011. I had to complete 24 hours of community service in order to get the charges dropped. However, when I sent the community service paperwork back to the court the case remained opened for two years. I was made aware of this because I was denied an apartment due to my background. I then called the court in April of 2013 and told them the case was still opened for some reason. They told me they screwed up and would go ahead and file the disposition. The disposition is as follows: COMPL DISMISSED BY COURT. So is this a conviction? On a job application would I answer yes to "Have you been convicted of a crime?" If so, how would I go about getting my record Set Aside? I moved to Maryland in 2011 to attend college and I am currently still living in Maryland.

Brian Strickman Strickman Law Office, PLLC

This is not considered a conviction. The criminal complaint was dismissed by the court. If the question is have you been convicted of a crime the answer would be no.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona