Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I am trying to file a petition to terminate parental rights in Pinal County, AZ. A section on the petition says "YOU ARE INFORMED OF THE FOLLOWING:

1._____________ , the natural mother, plans to place the

child for adoption." I don't want to place my daughter for adoption, but I want to terminate the rights of her father. What am I supposed to do in this situation?

Asked on 10/08/13, 3:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Leave this section blank then, or put "N/A" or "not applicable." The forms are antiquated and address only situations where adoption by a non-family member is at issue. You can go ahead and use the forms, but make it clear that you are applying for a parental rights termination because of child abandonment by that parent, financially, emotionally or otherwise. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 9:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now