Arizona  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/13, 10:54 am

I am married to a British Citizen and have a daughter with a British passport. My daughter and I travel back and forth between the 2 countries as he is unable to leave the UK, he is military, and I have children from a previous marriage who are not allowed to leave the country. I have had difficulties in getting a US birth certificate for her but am able to get a US passport for her with the signature of my husband. He is not willing to give it. The reason for this email is as it stands right now, we are on the brink of divorce although it is not something I want. He, because he is angry, has decided he is going to come to the US and take our daughter back to the UK leaving me here. There is nothing filed with the court. No divorce, legal separation and so no custody arrangements. What recourse do I have should he show up in the US and demand our daughter? What can I do to prevent him from leaving the country without my permission? Do I legally have to give him her passport? What are my options?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search