Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

I bought a house and had my childs father added to the deed. Origionally, they inserted their own opinion that my last name was his, despite the way I signed my name , anyways this was corrected before the deed was written. The deed is now complete, and it was suprising that they inserted into it, that we are husband and wife! They assumed everyrhing. I am wondering if it legally matters, or not? Should I have the deed corrected, or let it go?

Asked on 9/23/13, 8:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should have the deed corrected. I don't know who "they" are, but they should not be preparing a legal document that is wrong on its face. Yes, it matters legally! Do you realize you are making a gift of a 1/2 interest in the house to this person? If you want to sell the house, who gets the proceeds?

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now