Arizona  |  Real Estate Law

I bought a house and had my childs father added to the deed. Origionally, they inserted their own opinion that my last name was his, despite the way I signed my name , anyways this was corrected before the deed was written. The deed is now complete, and it was suprising that they inserted into it, that we are husband and wife! They assumed everyrhing. I am wondering if it legally matters, or not? Should I have the deed corrected, or let it go?

Answered on: 9/23/13, 9:17 am by Donald Scher

You should have the deed corrected. I don't know who "they" are, but they should not be preparing a legal document that is wrong on its face. Yes, it matters legally! Do you realize you are making a gift of a 1/2 interest in the house to this person? If you want to sell the house, who gets the proceeds?

Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C. 2200 E. Camelback Rd., #102 Phoenix, AZ 85255