Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

My dad passed away in 2006, his ranch, now considered a trust, is in my step-mothers name and her daughter, my step-sister, holds the power of attorney position. It is my understanding that when my step-mother passes the ranch will then be split between 5 heirs, my step-moms three children, myself (I am the only biological child) and my brother (adopted).

My step-mom remarried shortly after my dads death, and now has the property up for sale. When I first learned this, I asked if I could salvage what was left of an old barn before the property sold and was told I was not allowed on the property at all.

Obviously there are a lot of other issues that are in play. My question is this: as an heir to my dads property (past down for generations), does my step-sister who is power of attorney have an obligation to inform me that the property is being sold? They have never shown me a copy of the will, which I requested several times, I had no idea that the ranch was listed for sale as I was living out of state, and now I am not allowed on the property. All I really want is some lousy old rotting barn wood before it sells and gets destroyed. I am willing to pay fair market value, and denied. What are my options, if any? I appreciate any advice offered, and thank you for your time.