Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Am ready to make a will. Was going to do one of the on-line ones. Should I seek professional help on a matter of a student loan of mine for my daughter I took out that I'm paying on but planning on using her half of my life insurance when I die to pay off balance b4 she receives any leftover amount after balance is paid off. Do not want my current wife ( not her mother) to be responsible in any way for any student loans between me & my daughter.

Answered on: 4/17/13, 5:13 pm by Donald Scher

I strongly suggest that you retain an experienced lawyer to prepare your Will. The online forms are not adequate to deal with the loan issue that you are concerned about, and there are other items in a Will that require knowledge and expertise to write. A legal form requires expertise to fill out correctly and if you use the online forms, you will never know if it is really a valid and enforceable document until it is too late and you will be unable to change the document at that time.

Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C. 2200 E. Camelback Rd., #102 Phoenix, AZ 85255