California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/28/05, 1:49 pm

Failure to disclose

I bought my house seven year-old stucco house in October 2005 for $839,000. It was NOT an ''as-is'' sale. Two months later, after heavy rains, water came in through the walls from a leaking upstairs patio and soaked half of the first floor. Yesterday an inspector found mold and a couple of key architctural defects. The original house inspector failed to see, or disclose thos defects. Three neighbors just informed me that the owner had long standing flooding problems, which he did not disclose during escrow. I want the house repaired and would rather not rescind the sale. What are my chances of recovering actual damages, which will be hefty. Do I need an attorney or should I first send a demand letter to the broker? There was dual agency by the realty company.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search