Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

recently i pleaded guilty to a drug diversion can i withdraw the guilty plea for a jury trial i plead to one felony one misdemeanor

Asked on 3/30/13, 6:29 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Typically, you cannot withdraw a guilty plea absent extraordinary circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 6:31 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do you have a legal question?

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 6:47 pm
Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can request it but the court is unlikely to grant it. (But the judge and the DA may be happy to see you give up your right to have your record cleared for a chance to spend time in jail.) You need to have a long face to face conversation with a lawyer first going over the pros and cons, If you did not enter a DEJ (delayed entry of judgement) you can force a trial by not going to the class that is a condition of the diversion.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 7:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now