California  |  Administrative Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/04/13, 6:20 am

My daughter law, lives in California, was just served to appear in court in TEXAS over a landlord dispute. She has never been a landlord, and has never owned property in Texas. If she doesn't appear, default judgement or $3,400 will be entered. She was obviously served in error.

I believe a summary judgement is required to clear this - How can she clear this up without traveling to Texas.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search