Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

My husband & 3 sisters inherited the family home several yrs ago. One of the sisters filed bankruptcy 2 yrs ago. Two months ago, the bankruptcy lawyer tried to get the siblings to buy out her 1/4 of the property or sell it to pay her off. They do not want to sell, and cannot afford to pay her off. The lawyer now is suing them to take possession and force the sale of the property. No dollar amount has been given, and the property has not been appraised for several yrs. The siblings have 18 days to respond and we do not know what it is exactly that they have to do.

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

Your husband and sisters need to consult with a local bankruptcy attorney. There may be options to selling and I do not believe the judge can order the entire property to be sold. But, they must act quickly.

I offer a free initial consultation for your convenience.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms