Legal Question in Business Law in California

I used to work for a bank in Walnut Creek, i have not been working there for over a year. I just had someone contact me from the IRS in regards to a client. The company I worked for gave them my personal phone number and address. Can they do this even if I am not with the company anymore?

Asked on 7/16/13, 1:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the IRS needs to speak with you as a witness in an investigation, I am not aware of any law that prevents your former employer from providing the IRS with your contact information.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now