Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

I am in possesion of protective order. Restrained requested dates and times I called police on restrained to a Detective. Detective replied with confidential email giving restrained dates times and locations of 911 emergency calls of protected party. What are my rights 15 plus times called sheriff 3 times order has been broken no arrest my lifes in danger. Restrained party sent there friend to threaten and assault with knife last time called police no arrest? Whats my rights

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your 'rights' are to TRY to get police to enforce the RO or file criminal charges against anyone that commits a crime against you. You can also sue or bring a contempt motion in court. The police are NOT obligated to help you or protect you, even though they generally will try to do so if they have the manpower and ability to do it, and they believe your story. No, you can not sue police for failing to protect you or come when you call.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms