Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

a friend used a creditcard without permission but agreed with card holder to reimburse him, he agreed but now his children want to press charges , can they if he does'nt want to

Asked on 10/06/13, 7:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is difficult to prosecute someone without the cooperation of the victim, but not impossible. The cardholder cannot be forced to report the crime, but his kids might convince him otherwise or convince the police that an investigation is justified. I would be surprised if anything when forward solely on the complaints of the children.

But why doesn't the card holder simply dispute the unauthorized charge?

Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now