California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/13/13, 4:57 pm


I received a wage garnishment from a third party vendor at my work today. I attempted to call the creditor but unfortunately they were not able to help me without first talking to their "lawyer". This debt collector is Portfolio recovery associates which I assume bought mydebt for pennies . This debt is over 7years old. What are my options?

Any advice is appreciated


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search