Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

What can I do about harassing phone calls and emails saying I owe money and threatening to take me to court. I recieved an email today telling me to pay $920 or be taken to court. I have no outstanding debts and I don't even have a credit card. Today's email had my SSN which worries me.

Asked on 6/17/13, 7:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Contact them and them to stop. If you have an attorney work through them and it will stop... I may be able to assist...

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 7:42 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If y hire an attorney to represent you that will stop the harassment.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 11:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now