California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/09, 12:51 pm

What are the charges that can be brought onto someone who has had a petition filed with the court for dissolution of marriage, and is able to get the entire CAL PERS account withdrawal was made of $43,000. in full I was told by the account representative who issued me copies of the entire transaction to clear the account and his statement signed that says I was no longer able to claim rights to the account saying that the spouse holds no interest in this as joint property. There is nothing more the case filed here and am the legal spouse with the rights as still married and reside together.I believe this is some type of perjury and fraud and am not understanding how he could pull this off without any consequences legally against him. I am only told to sue for the partial that could have been mine in this matter however he has nothing and money gone in less then a year to drugs no less. He is the only sibling left to parents estate and that probably has been protected against such actions against this fool he is always in some type of debt collections and they are very careful to cover his lame ass and theirs as well. I am very angry and frustrated about how easily he could have done this and was married when the account initially opened so do not get it, what about the laws to protect this joint account in joint property state of ours? What can he be facing in criminal actions if any? How do they get charged?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search