California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/13, 9:11 am

I have committed a shoplift and gotten apprehended at a department store. The merchandise is over $100 but under $200. Under the circumstances, I signed a civil recovery demands, and was given a citation from an officer to appear in court. I am only a college student, what are my best options for this to not affect my future? The possibility of getting the misdemeanor charge expunged? Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search