Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My gusband go arrest for ammunition that don't belong to him they were my roon mate can he still get charge because hes a falon

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Felons are forbidden to possess ammunition, not just to own it. Ownership and possession are not the same thing. People often possess things they don't own. So the fact that your roommate owned the ammo does not make your husband innocent of possession.

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

I agree with Mr. Hoffman. Of course he can be charged. Whether he will be convicted is another question. That will be based on a trial where he attempts to prove he did not possess the ammunition. What he needs to do is to get himself a good lawyer.

I agree with the previous responses by Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Shapiro. If the prosecutor can prove he had constructive possession by having access, he can get convicted. He needs to get a good criminal defense attorney.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Yes, a felon in possession of any ammunition can be charged with a felony; ownership is not the issue. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California