California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/01/12, 8:31 pm

I have a question my boyfriend has been in jail for 6 years....for 6 years his case was pending and then it came down to them asking him to either take a deal for 20 years or take it to trial with the possibility of life if hes still found guilty....he took it to trial and lost and got sentenced for life in prison for attempted he fired his old lawyer that defended him in his trial and hired an appeal lawyer and a lawyer to defend before hes getting sentenced to prison hes filing for a motion to appeal against his old lawyer because he didnt defend him right in his trial he that old lawyer is telling the judge that if hes filing a motion against me im going to put out all his statements out that hes made about his case to his old lawyer which was supposed to be personal im wondering can he do that and what can possibly happen from this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search