California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/02/12, 4:48 pm

I was recently assaulted by someone I didn't know at a b-day party. I was hit twice by this woman. The police were called, took my statement,took pics of my face. I pressed charges for assault & battery. Have a huge black eye & jaw bone. The police didn't arrest her because she lives in another county. Police turned it over to the DA's office. If she hasn't been arrested, what is the DA gonna do for me? If it is dropped, can I sue her? What are my options? Bruised and battered in Cali - thanks in advance for any help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search