California  |  Criminal Law

Is there a certain recourse that one could take (other than Civil Court to sue) to recover money paid to an attorney (at least in part) when services were not performed, for the money given, and the attorney was fired because of misrepresenting (lying to the client) on his choice of plea/alternative action. This is a criminal case. The attorney had been given (hand delivered) every item from The Discovery to statements from defendant /and or defendants' family , on defendants behalf, For over a year attorney had only continued case. The attorney has NO other clients, and apparently stays heavily medicated. The attorney called the defendant the morning of Superior Court date and tells him, " You need to take a plea..I am not a TRIAL lawyer" and he was having another attorney stand in for him on that morning.

PLEASE HELP...with a FREE answer..as I am the defendants' mother, and we are out of money, and my son is INNOCENT. Thank-You..