Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

In the state of California can you have a felony arrest removed from your record if the charges are dropped?

Asked on 11/07/13, 11:02 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not without petitioning the court for a finding of factual innocence. These can be very difficult, and required a skilled attorney to handle. Even with a skilled attorney, I've seen those things overturned on appeal.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 1:26 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Only by a formal motion to the court, and a showing of proof that it was actually without any basis or probable cause. That is a tough act.

If you can do so, and if serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 5:06 pm
Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Make sure you do it soon because there is a two year statute of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/13, 7:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now