Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Will a petty theft committed when I was 13 stay on my record forever?

(first-time ever offense) _ in California

Also, will the colleges/universities be able to look at that record?

Asked on 7/16/13, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

IF this was in Juvenile Court, you can file a Motion to seal and destroy the record after you turn 18, which will prevent anyone seeing it in future. If it was in Superior Court, you can probably get it expunged from your record. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/13, 12:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now