California  |  Discrimination Law

Is it legal for someone to send a boy to a mental hospital just because he's gay? ... And is it legal for them to send him to a mental hospital without his parents consent?

Answered on: 3/07/13, 9:04 am by Timothy McCormick

Unfortunately parents can get kids pretty much any mental health treatment they want, no matter how unacceptable to main stream mental health professionals. Without the parent's consent, however, it would be a very unusual circumstance in which a child could be sent to a mental hospital.

It is possible that I could give you a more complete answer and/or refer you to local resources if I knew where you are located. However, LawGuru for some unknown reason decided to stop asking questioners for their zip code. That makes it impossible for us attorneys answering questions to provide a location specific answer. In many cases what county or even city you are in is crucial to the help we can provide, especially if you are asking a Family Law, Real Estate, or Landlord/Tenant question. If you appreciate my providing you this free answer, please take a moment to contact LawGuru Support and complain about this. Thanks.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105

Answered on: 3/07/13, 4:53 pm by Alden Knisbacher

Would have to have more details. Do your parents no longer have legal custody?

Knisbacher Law Offices 220 Montgomery Street, Suite 961 San Francisco, CA 94104