Legal Question in DUI Law in California

My son got a DUI first one, he is currently 26, but he got into some trouble when he was 19 and received 2 strikes for a 1st time felony. He has not been into trouble since my concern is can his past crime be brought up even though a DUI is a misdemeanor?

Asked on 6/15/10, 7:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Records are forever, and priors may count as 'strikes' in future charges. However, striking priors as enhancements can be sought by your attorney during negotiations with the DA as a part of plea bargaining. If he is serious about getting counsel for this, feel free to have him contact me for the legal help he'll need.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now