Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have a 3yr old daughter. She isn't my biological daughter. My name is on the birth certificate. My ex-girlfriend wants my name off the birth certificate. What's right do i have? My ex girlfriend is planning to file for welfare? I don't want to pay child support. What options do i have? . Do they have the right to take my name off the birth certificate even though I'm not the biological father. I just want to know my best options of not paying child support . Is the best option for me is to just take my name off and have nothing dealing with her? I have a question at the mediation process, can i make a arraignment for money to take my name off.

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D .Kock APLC

If she is not your biological child and you do not want a relationship with her, then request a DNA test to establish you are not the father.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California