California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/27/12, 9:44 am

I have a 3yr old daughter. She isn't my biological daughter. My name is on the birth certificate. My ex-girlfriend wants my name off the birth certificate. What's right do i have? My ex girlfriend is planning to file for welfare? I don't want to pay child support. What options do i have? . Do they have the right to take my name off the birth certificate even though I'm not the biological father. I just want to know my best options of not paying child support . Is the best option for me is to just take my name off and have nothing dealing with her? I have a question at the mediation process, can i make a arraignment for money to take my name off.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search