California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/13/13, 12:53 am

I am an American applying for citizenship to Hungary, through my grandfather who is Hungarian. My application was given back because of some issues. 1. My birth certificate needs to be amended so that my father is on it, and I am using my new last name (grandfatherʻs family name). 2. My fatherʻs birth certificate has to be amended also, because his did not have a name on it. 3. We have not been able to locate my grandparentsʻ original marriage certificate from 1959, Washington DC. We just have the churchʻs certificate. So not sure what kind of attorney I need for this, or if I can hire a paralegal, or someone else for this. I am also wondering how much I should expect to pay for this service, so when I ask for quotes I already have an idea of what it should cost. Thanks so much in advance.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search