Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am an American applying for citizenship to Hungary, through my grandfather who is Hungarian. My application was given back because of some issues. 1. My birth certificate needs to be amended so that my father is on it, and I am using my new last name (grandfatherʻs family name). 2. My fatherʻs birth certificate has to be amended also, because his did not have a name on it. 3. We have not been able to locate my grandparentsʻ original marriage certificate from 1959, Washington DC. We just have the churchʻs certificate. So not sure what kind of attorney I need for this, or if I can hire a paralegal, or someone else for this. I am also wondering how much I should expect to pay for this service, so when I ask for quotes I already have an idea of what it should cost. Thanks so much in advance.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

This is a unique situation. I would contact my local bar association and see if they can refer someone to me.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California