Legal Question in Family Law in California


i am trying to seek a bifurcation for my divorce I am going through now. I am trying to purchase home and the bank wont fund me unless i am legally divorced. I was told i could do a bifurcation. Where can I get the paper work, and do I need an attroney? Do we have to apprear before a Judge? How long does it take once it is fileD?

Asked on 4/02/09, 12:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: bifurcation

Yes you may separate the property and child issues. A judge must issue orders, and an attorney may draft the petition. Contact me directly.

Read more
4/02/09, 12:24 am
Phillip Lemmons, Esq. Phillip Lemmons APC, Attorneys at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: bifurcation

You have to file a motion to bifurcate. It requires a little legal research and a court appearance. It doesn't require an attorney, but having one makes life much easier.

Read more
4/02/09, 12:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now