California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/06, 5:21 pm

Child Support Obligation based on Girlfriend's loan/contribution

My boyfriend & I moved in together 4/1/06. My boyfriend pesented his last Federal Income Tax and 2 paychecks (He works by commission) A judge in Santa Clara County ruled that based on our living expense declaration, because he didn't earn enough to pay for them, my loan/contribution towards our living expenses was considered ''his income'' & therefore his child support obligation was based on my (girlfriend) loan/contribution. I will end paying the child support. We take care of and provide for the elementary school aged child overnight 2 to 3 days/nights per week. How successful would a motion 4 reconsideration or are there any other legal process routes?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search