Legal Question in Family Law in California

My children live with me and see their dad twice a month, if they don't want to go with their dad, can he force them to go?

Asked on 1/11/13, 11:43 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D .Kock APLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is a court order specifying visitation, then you must require that the children visit. Consider a return to court on a motion to modify visitation.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 12:51 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He cannot require them to go so much as he can have you held in contempt of court if you do not make them go. As Ms. Kock said, if you want to change the visitation, you have to go back to court; you can't just refuse or let the children refuse to follow the current order.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/13, 4:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now