Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have a complicated situation regarding my niece and nephew and I'd like to know if i can ask for visitation for my parents and myself.

Asked on 8/10/12, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you mean court ordered visitation, no. Custody and visitation rights belong to the parents only, unless there is a court supervised guardianship or conservatorship situation, which has more flexibility in what the court can order.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/12, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now