California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/19/06, 4:14 pm

giving up parental rights

my husband cheated last year and the girl said she was pregnant, threatned to call the cops on him and threatned to have someone beat up my husband. that was almost a year ago. we haven't heard from for almost a year. my husband doesn't think it is his. he got child support papers in the mail, and scheduled to take a DNA test to establish paternity. we didn't even know a baby was born. we went to talk to a lawyer about giing up his parental rights. and he said that the courts won't let him. she told us that he can't see her daughter and she wants nothing to do with him, and he feels the same, but she wants him to pay support. can he give up his rights or not. if he does will he have to pay support. and what does the judge look at when making his decision, and how often does a case like this win. we have a son together and a home and bills and i know that the judge doesn't care about that but doesn't that make a difference?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search