California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 1:42 pm

My husbands ex wife has had visitation rights and has never called him once in the past 4 years. She has also never once paid child support. I am now trying to adopt him but his ex wifes parents have been seeing his son, their grandson, and they are saying that she has been seeing him with them and that they have helped with his lunches and watching him and she does not owe any previous child support because of their help. She will not sign the adoption paperwork we would like to continue forward. What are the possible outcomes? Will the courts allow the grandparents to help out over rule the child support never paid? Does their word automatically cancel out that he has never heard from her and his son doesnt even want to see his birth mom?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search