Legal Question in Family Law in California

The non-custodial parent is going to temporarily have the children for a couple months (no set date) while I deal with my job situation. What do I need to put on the stipulation so interest stops accruing during this time but it doesn't close out the DCSS case? He owes a lot of arrears and since this situation is super temporary and could end at any time, I don't want the case closed. But I do want to be fair and not have child support and interest accruing for him while he briefly has them.

BARRY BESSER LAW OFFICES OF BARRY I. BESSER

Since this is a DCSS matter, I would suggest that you tell them about the temporary arrangement, so that their records will be adjusted based on the agreement that you have with the non-custodial parent. I can tell you that you better be specific with respect to any agreements/stipulation that you enter into with the non-custodial parent, so that they don't turn around and assert that they now have custody.

BARRY BESSER

www.besserlaw.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California