Legal Question in Family Law in California

The non-custodial parent is going to temporarily have the children for a couple months (no set date) while I deal with my job situation. What do I need to put on the stipulation so interest stops accruing during this time but it doesn't close out the DCSS case? He owes a lot of arrears and since this situation is super temporary and could end at any time, I don't want the case closed. But I do want to be fair and not have child support and interest accruing for him while he briefly has them.

Asked on 9/12/13, 10:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since this is a DCSS matter, I would suggest that you tell them about the temporary arrangement, so that their records will be adjusted based on the agreement that you have with the non-custodial parent. I can tell you that you better be specific with respect to any agreements/stipulation that you enter into with the non-custodial parent, so that they don't turn around and assert that they now have custody.


Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now